Cato Christensen, Associate Professor, OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University
Susanna Calvert, OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University
Christhard Hoffmann, Professor, University of Bergen
Thomas Hylland Eriksen, Professor, University of Oslo
Ursula Småland Goth, Professor, VID Specialized University
Kristen Nordhaug, Professor, OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University
Line Alice Ytrehus, Professor, NLA University College
Pia Lane, Professor, University of Oslo
Guide for guest editors:
FLEKS – Scandinavian Journal of Intercultural Theory and Practice is a double-blind peer-reviewed, open access journal. The journal focuses on the following topics: intercultural communication, cross-cultural studies, intercultural educational science, psychology and philosophy, multicultural studies, professions in different societies, language, interpreting, translation, development studies, migration health, and diversity management.
FLEKS provides an academic platform for professionals and researchers to contribute innovative work in the field. It publishes original and full-length articles that reflect the latest research and developments in both the theoretical and the practical aspects of intercultural theory and practice. Grounded in a Scandinavian context, characterized by prioritizing no single theoretical horizon or methodological approach, the journal creates a space for development of the field of research.
The journal especially welcomes guest editors with proposals for special issues. Guest editors must have professorial qualifications or senior competence, and previous experience with editorial work. Proposals for special issues can be sent to: Cato.Christensen@oslomet.no.
Proposals must contain the following:
- The name and position of the guest editor/s.
- The guest editor's CV.
- Two relevant references, with contact details.
- A 300-word description of the topic.
- A table of contents listing the authors, or a call for papers. The latter requires a description of how the call for papers will be publicized and how the authors will be selected.
- A budget for proofreading and other expenses, and information on how these expenses will be covered.
The guest editor/s must provide the following documentation in their CVs:
- Experience with / interest in intercultural issues
- Research in relevant fields
- Experience with editorial work